Santorini is a special place like no other, and this tour captures the best of the island along with tons of hidden gems with a local by your side.
- Walk along the caldera footpath while you eat and sip your way through the city.
- Explore the most picturesque part of the island on foot and strike a pose for that million-dollar view photo.
- Enjoy a Greek liqueur and a mouthwatering all-weather local sweet with superb views.
- Catch the last light while sipping an ‘explosive’ local beer accompanied by local seasonal tapas.
- Learn about famous local gastronomy and the delightful local wines while savouring a Santorini seasonal dish and a glass of volcanic wine.
- Taste the best-in-town souvlaki in the land where the oldest skewer was discovered and see why it’s, by far, the king of Greek street food.
- Feel like a true Greek by enjoying a three-glass Greek spirit tasting session of the top three not-to-miss local spirits of tsipouro, ouzo and raki.
- Avoid the tourist traps and visit a heady mix of famous spots, historic haunts and hidden gems with us.
- Adults Ages 12+
Santorini Sunset Culinary Tour
See Santorini at its tastiest, glitziest best with a local guide by your side! On this food-focused sunset adventure, you spend the evening enjoying some of the best local dishes and drinks the island has to offer while walking along the beautiful Santorini caldera. Learn about the culinary culture, admire some of the island’s best sights, and visit a mix of famous spots, historic haunts, and hidden gems as you eat and sip your way through Santorini.
Local impact — How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- All of the food you sample during your tour is locally sourced from Santorini and nearby islands, which supports local farmers and helps preserve Satorini’s culinary traditions.
- All of the stores you visit on your tour are 100% locally owned and run.
- At least one store on your itinerary is dedicated to the preservation of locally produced crafts and edibles.
Inclusions: Local, English-speaking guide, transportation, a Greek liqueur and a local sweet, seasonal local tapas, Santorini seasonal dish, souvlaki, a local beer, three different spirits (part of a Greek spirit tasting session)
Exclusions: Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your driver and guide
- Duration: 4 hours
- Meeting point: The historical female Monastery of Agios Nikolaos is located between the villages of Firostefani and Imerovigli. Our guide will be standing on the square in front of the church, holding a Santorini Urban Adventures sign. View on Google Maps.
- Starting time: 5.30 pm
- Ending point: Fira city center next to the main bus stop
We begin our Santorini Walk, Drink, Eat Sunset walking tour from the historical female Monastery of Agios Nikolaos, located between the villages of Firostefani and Imerovigli, where you’ll meet your local guide.
Through the windy cobblestone pathways totally perched on the edge of the caldera cliffs, we’ll move to our first stop where we’ll sip a refreshing local liqueur and sample a mouthwatering sinful local sweet while enjoying superb views through the caldera and the Aegean Sea dotted with volcanic islands.
Then, eat your way through Firostefani’s footpaths by tasting Santorini’s most ancient fresh seafood dish, admire uninterrupted views and take amazing photos with the blue-domed Virgin Mary Orthodox Church in the foreground, one of the picture-perfect spots of the island. Do not forget to post your once-in-life Instagram stories from here!
Continuing our walk through hidden back alleys and seizing the chance to capture countless of your best photos with the fabled Santorini sunset, we’ll quench our thirst with an ‘explosive’ local craft beer, a Santorini exclusive beer that follows a local original procedure in the making, accompanied with local seasonal tapas.
Later on, while strolling around the characteristic Aegean-styled whitewashed streets, you’ll have the opportunity to wake up those taste buds with a tasty souvlaki, the most famous Greek street food, visit a food concept store with flavours and products from every corner of Greece, and enjoy unparalleled views from an off-the-tourist-radar spot with a glass of volcanic wine and a traditional Santorini seasonal dish.
This Santorini walking tour wouldn’t be completed without participating at a three-glass local spirit tasting session including the absolute top three Greek spirits and learning about the local spirit culture in Greece.
Our tour will come to an end in the buzzing Fira, Santorini’s capital that offers a vast array of leisure options. From here, you can choose to continue your own personal exploration (your guide will be more than happy to advise you on your next move).
Whatever you choose to do, don’t forget to tap up your local guide for more hints and tips on how to get the best out of your trip to amazing Santorini!
Dress standard: Please wear comfortable shoes for walking and dress smart casual.
Your trip: For your Urban Adventure, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
Child policy: Travellers under 14 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests. You can do so in the ‘Additional information’ box at checkout, or by emailing us at [email protected]